Welcome back to part two of our Cheek Dermal Filler Blog at SkinHD. In this section, we will be looking into;
- The different Dermal Filler brands we use at SkinHD.
- Their different qualities and which is best suited to achieve your desired results.
- How long they each last and their cost.
- After care advice.
What Cheek Dermal Fillers do we use at SkinHD?
At SkinHD, we use 3 different Hyaluronic based products for Cheek Fillers.
Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance found in the body. It attracts moisture, keeping the skin hydrated and full looking.
Despite having the same common ingredient, the dermal fillers each have their own individual qualities.
The first product we use is Restylane® Volyme – known for its high volume lifting effect.
It was designed to integrate with the skin matrix to address lost volume which is often associated with ageing or weight loss. It is suited for clients who wish to enhance or re-contour their cheeks.
Secondly, we have Juvéderm® Voluma®. This product is formulated specifically for the cheek area and we tend to use Voluma® for clients who have particularly slim faces. It is a thicker, hyaluronic gel used to give back the cheeks natural suppleness. However, due Juvéderm®’s VYCROSS technology, a thinner needle can be used to perform the treatment, which reduces the potential for swelling and bruising post procedure– which many clients prefer.
Lastly, there is TEOSYAL® Ultra Deep.
We often opt for this cheek filler for clients who want a dramatic look. The formula is very effective, filling any creases in the fat pads on the cheeks. We can therefore use more product, showing more noticeable results without looking overdone.
All the listed cheek dermal fillers contain a built in anaesthetic called Lidocaine, which makes for a more comfortable application. We can also apply a lidocaine based numbing cream before the treatment.
How long do each of the fillers last?
• Restylane® Volyme – up to 18 months
• Juvéderm® Voluma® - up to 18 months
• TEOSYAL® Ultra Deep – up to 12 months
How much does each filler cost?
- 1ml - £245
- 2ml - £450
- 1ml - £275
- 2ml - £480
TEOSYAL® Ultra Deep:
- 1.2ml - £245
So, when will I see the results of my Cheek fillers?
As with all dermal Fillers, you will likely see some immediate results after the treatment. There is also likely to be slight
• or bleeding, which is expected.
Swelling can be asymmetrical. You may feel like there are lumps or more filler on one side. Don’t worry, this is normal!
Your final results will be visible approximately 3 weeks after your treatment; once your new filler completely settles and integrates.
After Care Advice
- Avoid wearing make up for 2 hours post treatment to allow skin to form a protective
barrier over injection sites
- Don’t make exaggerated facial movements for 24 hours post treatment (Avoid
- Avoid massaging the area unless directed. Avoid facial massage/peels/other facial
aesthetic treatments for at least 2 weeks post treatment to allow product to settle
- Avoid alcohol for at least 12 hours post treatment. Consuming alcohol can increase
- Avoid intense heat and IV light for 2 weeks post treatment, including saunas, steam
If you have any concerns, please contact your practitioner!