Chemical Peels are a treatment that involves applying a chemical solution to the skin, which prompts exfoliation. The chemical solution will then peel and reveal fresher, smoother skin.
Chemical Peels can be used to..
Improve the texture of skin
Reducing the appearance of
- Pigmentation ( hyperpigmentation, sun damage )
- Scarring ( such as acne scarring )
- Fine lines and wrinkles,
- Reduce age spots
Even out complexion/skin tone.
How does the treatment work?
The practitioner will cleanse the skin, then an active chemical exfoliant is applied. After a few minutes, the chemical begins to cause the skin to 'frost' and it's wiped off.
This process removes skin cells from the upper epidermis. The treated skin will start to flake/peel in the following days after treatment, revealing healthy, glowing skin underneath.
Where on my body can I get a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels are usually performed on the face, neck, hands or back. However, they can be done on other parts of the body (apart from the anus).
What type of peels do we offer?
At SkinHD, we offer mid deep peels by brands such as Dermaceutic and SkinTech. They both contain a 15% concentration of TCA (Trichloroacetic Acid), which is the active ingredient. The components work on the outer, as well as the middle layers of skin to reveal the best results.
View this post on Instagram
Swipe across for our beautiful client’s Chemical Peel Journey using Dermaceutic Cosmo Forte System💫 @dermaceutic **photos taken over a week period** 📍Make sure to read our New Blog Post all about Chemical Peels for more info on this journey, plus how peels work and their benefits! 📃 LINK IN BIO!!^^ Chemical Peels prompt exfoliation, causing the skin to peel and reveal fresher, smoother skin. They can reduce the appearance of * Pigmentation * Scarring * Fine lines and wrinkles * Age spots and Improve the skin’s texture and tone! To book a online consultation or appointment: CALL us on 0161 974 0212 ☎️ OR SEND us a message 📨 #chemical #peel #chemicalpeel #fresh #smooth #newpost #blog #readmore #antiageing #improve #journey #exfoliate #bookin #booknow #skin #skinhd #manchester #explore #explorepage #exploremore
A Chemical Peel Journey
Above, is the timeline of one of our loyal client's Dermaceutic chemical peel process. The photos are day by day in the following week after her treatment.
- BEFORE treatment.
- Day after peel - her skin began to get darker.
- 2 days post treatment - skin felt tender and started to peel.
- 4 days post treatment - peeling was very active, more of the fresh skin was revealed.
- 5 days post treatment - our client explained that from this day, her skin was peeling off in fairly large pieces but only when she washed her face.
- Following day.
- A week post treatment, the peeling was complete.
As you can see, her face is visibly brighter and smoother. The client mentioned that she found the application painless, with only a slight tingling sensation. '' A chemical peel would be great for anyone who suffers from imperfections, as it rejuvenates and freshens the skin. The peel definitely made my skin feel good.''
She would highly recommend chemical peels, so much so, she is actually booked in for her second peel treatment in the upcoming weeks!
How much are Chemical Peels at SkinHD?
Mid-deep peel: £145
We also offer a course of 4 mid-deep peels for £450.
Both prices include a tube of post peel cream.
Downtime and After Care Advice
For Mid-deep peels, 7-14 days are required for the skin to fully heel. There may be up to 7-10 days active peeling, so we advise clients to work this into their schedule. The skin may initially be slightly red and swollen for up to 48 hours following the treatment. The skin should be washed on a daily basis following with an application of post peel cream.
No other facial aesthetics treatments should be done at the same time for at least 2 weeks after your peel. These include IPL/laser treatments.
- Avoid wearing make up for at least 24 hours post treatment
- Avoid excessive heat and/or exercise/excessive sweating for at least 48 hours
- If skin peels or flakes, avoid picking and allow to slough off naturally, otherwise it
could cause scarring or hyper pigmentation
- Apply SPF30+ and avoid direct sun exposure for at least 48 hours post treatment
- Avoid using retinol products for 24-72 hours. Any sooner can cause further irritation
- Use gentle cleanser/moisturiser morning and night and avoid physical and chemical
exfoliants for a further 7 days