Dermal Fillers are an aesthetics treatment used to add or replace volume. They can be injected in both the face and body, however at SkinHD - we focus specifically on the face.
Dermal fillers are made up of Hyaluronic Acid, which is a naturally occurring substance in the body. It's a sugar chain molecule that attracts and binds water; keeping the skin plump and hydrated.
As we age...
Our natural Hyaluronic Acid (HA) store begins to lose its capacity to hold water. This can lead to:
- loss of moisture in the skin
- sagging skin
- drier and thinner skin
- lack of regeneration
These things can each create a more tired, less youthful appearance. However, HA Dermal fillers can lend a helping hand.
How do HA Dermal Fillers work?
Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers can be used in many ways to achieve your desired look.
Each filler contains a different particle size and viscosity, and comes in a clear gel form. Softer fillers, such as Juvederm Volift are ideal for the lips and tear trough. Whereas, cheek and jawline enhancements are best achieved with thicker products like Restylane Volyme.
A ultra fine needle is used to inject the filler beneath the skin, which causes it to - of course ''fill'' out. The procedure smooths out wrinkles and creates contours. As previously mentioned, HA attracts water, so it also hydrates the treated area from within.
We often also use a local anaesthetic (lidocaine numbing cream) to make for the most comfortable application.
Results will be immediate, however the final look can be seen after 2 weeks - when all potential bruising/swelling has subsided.
At SkinHD, we are able to treat the following areas with HA Dermal Fillers:
- Nose (Non surgical Rhinoplasty)
- Nose to mouth lines
- Tear trough (Under eye area)
- Frown lines (e.g. glabella)
- Marionette Lines
How long do HA Dermal Fillers last?
Dermal fillers can last anywhere from 6-18 months. However, as Hyaluronic Acid is a natural substance - this can vary from person to person.
After Care Advice
- Immediately after the treatment, avoid touching the area or applying make up for at least 2 hours, to let the skin form a protective barrier over the injection site and avoid infection.
- Avoid heavy exercise and extreme heat for at least 48 hours after the treatment (saunas/steam room/sunbed etc)
- Avoid dental procedures or making exaggerated facial movements for 2 weeks after the treatment
It is normal to feel lumps or areas that are more firm than others in the first couple of weeks after treatment. This will settle!
- Apply an ice pack to help with any swelling or discomfort, but avoid applying too much pressure.
Contact us to book in for your free consultation